WHY DO WE NEED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Festyvent uses data from a variety of sources to give you the best possible event experience. This means everything from being able to find friends at a venue, letting you know where you left your car or tent or getting updated on the latest offers available around a particular stage or location. So that you can feel comfortable using Festyvent it is important that you understand what personal information we can access and collect about you and what we do with that information.
By visiting the site or downloading the app you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
WHO COLLECTS THE DATA?
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’), the data controller, who collects and manages the data, is Clarifi Media Limited of Winnington House, 2 Woodberry Grove, North Finchley, London N12 0DR, United Kingdom.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
You may give us information about you by:
- filling in forms on the site (for example, to create an account or personal profile);
- submitting information via the app (including use of our communications feature from public messaging boards to private messages); or
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you:
- register to use the app and/or site;
- subscribe to our service;
- participate in any social media functions on the app and/or site;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; and
- report a problem with the app and/or site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you visit our site or the app we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); music and videos you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- information about your location (if you give us permission to do so). You can enable or disable location services at any time through your mobile device settings.
3. INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
4. INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. If so, we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on Festyvent. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
5. COOKIES AND AUTOMATED INFORMATION COLLECTION
This means that when you access the site and/or the app, we collect certain technical information in order to:
- analyse the usage of our site, app and associated services;
- provide a more personalised experience; and
- manage targeted messages.
We may also employ other technologies including, but not limited to (i) iBeacons, (ii) tracking pixels, and (iii) local shared objects also known as ‘flash cookies’.
We use Flurry Analytics to analyse usage of specific in-app features. We do not use any of Flurry’s advertising capabilities and nor do we have any plans to do so. You may opt out of Flurry Analytics by clicking here.
INFORMATION ON CHILDREN
Neither our site nor our app are directed to children under the age of 18. None of our services are available to children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and become aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us and we will delete the relevant information from our servers.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We don’t want to overload you with information but we also don’t want you to miss out on the latest event developments and offers.
Sharing information with event organisers
Event organisers and Clarifi Media Limited will only contact you by electronically (e-mail or SMS) with information about similar goods and services (such as similar apps) which we may offer now or in the future. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please let us know by email to [email protected]
We will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of your personal data to help our advertisers display their advertisements to their target audience.
We also use information held about you in the following ways.
Information you give to us will be used by us or the event organiser:
- to carry out our contractual obligations to you and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us including the use of our app;
- to identify and allow you to connect with our other users;
- to provide you with information about other similar services we offer (such as apps for other events which we think you might find interesting);
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site and app is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (including any mobile devices you may be using).
Information we collect about you will be used by us or the event organiser:
- to administer our site and app for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and app to make sure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site and app safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of the events you attend;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- in the case of location services information, to provide various features through the site and/or the app. If you have not enabled location services, some of these features will not be available.
Information we receive from other sources may be combined with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). For example, to make the service more efficient, we may use multiple data sources to identify issues with the service which we can improve.
Push notifications are updates that can automatically appear on your phone as an alert or pop up message following a particular event. For example, if you get a pop-up message when you get a new Facebook message or your news app identifies a headline as ‘breaking news’, that is a push notification. We (or more likely the event organiser) may send push notifications to your mobile device to provide relevant messages and app updates. You can manage push notifications from your device’s settings page for the relevant app.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. credit card agencies).
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We may occasionally send and receive small packets of data to your phone to ascertain the quality of your mobile network. We do this through a separate measurement mechanism which respects your privacy. We do NOT look at your phone usage or your specific network traffic. The information we collect in this way is aggregated and provided to third parties in the mobile network sector for the sole purpose of understanding and improving network performance and customer experience. If you have any additional questions with regards to the nature of the information collected and how it is used, please contact [email protected] If, after considering the above information, you do not want the collection and processing of such network performance and customer experience data, please remove the application from your device.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your aggregated personal data to the prospective buyer or seller (your personal data will not be identifiable but we may disclose features such as 100 women over 30).
- If Clarifi Media Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
If you no longer want us to use your information, you will need to email [email protected] with the subject line ‘DELETE MY ACCOUNT’. This email must include your first name, last name, email address and/or the relevant user name and ID code for the social network which you use to access the app and/or the site. We will respond to your request within thirty days. Please note that certain records such as those concerning customer services matters will be retained for a reasonable period in case any legal disputes arise in the future. It may not be possible to delete all posts or comments which you have made using the app.
This policy was last updated on the 28th July 2017. Thank you for using Festyvent.