FINDING FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM NUMERIC IDs FOR THE EVENT TIMELINE
The Festyvent timeline event stream is built using the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram IDs for your festival or event. Facebook and Instagram require that we use their numeric IDs, which are not always easy to find. Tools for finding each of them can be found at the following locations:
- Facebook – http://findmyfacebookid.com.
- Instagram – http://www.otzberg.net/iguserid or http://jelled.com/instagram/lookup-user-id.
LOCATIONS, DIMENSIONS AND FORMAT OF IMAGES
When creating your Festyvent app through the Festyvent App builder, you will need to upload images for use in various parts of the app. These will include a logo for the event, promotional photos of the event and of performers as well as background images and photobooth overlays. This link https://festyvent.com/image-map will open a web page in a new tab that details each image size, its format and location within the app. If you prefer you can download a PDF of the image map here.
SETTING THE MAP, POINTS OF INTEREST AND PERFORMANCE AREAS
Festyvent Apps are pre-integrated with Google maps to allow audiences to locate the event, review the event’s points of interest and distances, find the performance areas, mark their own points of interest and ask friends for their location.
Using the Festyvent builder:
- Set the event area on the map
- Set any Points of Interest such as the bar, a stage or a bus top in or near the event area
- Create performance areas and mark their location on the event area
Instructions can be found here.
An alternative to using the Google map is to upload a custom map that is a representation of the event area. See custom map dimensions below.
CUSTOM MAPS AND DIMENSIONS
A rectangular custom map image can be uploaded to replace the Google map that is included within the App. The image can be a topographical map that is drawn to scale and overlaid on the event area, or it can be a representation of the event’s location such as the Lost Village Festival map below.
It should be noted that the App’s Find Me capabilities are only available when either the native Google Map is in use or when a topographical map has been overlaid on the event area. Maps are overlaid on the event area using tools in the maps section of the Festyvent Content Management System (CMS).
Topographical maps can be created using services such as Google Maps together with drawing tools such as Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop or Pixelmator. It is recommended that the image’s top left X-Y co-ordiantes correspond with an identifiable point on a Google map to ensure accurate placement.
File format can be JPEG or PNG and file size should be 400KB max.
When custom maps have been uploaded, users can scroll the uploaded map from side to side as well as zoom and pinch for increased clarity.
RECOMMENDED MAP IMAGE DIMENSIONS
- 1080 x 1920 for a portrait map that fills a single screen without zooming.
- 3240 x 1920 for a wide map image that can be scrolled from side to side.
File format can be JPEG or PNG and file size should be less than 200KB
SETTING CUSTOM MAP HOT SPOTS
Custom maps can have hot areas defined for performance locations,. When they are pressed the user is taken directly to the relevant location on the lineup screen for the current day. As an example, the custom map may show the Green Room, Open Mic Stage and Dance Hall. When the user presses on any of these locations, the app will jump to the Line-up screen and open the lineup for the pressed upon performance area. When the event is currently running, the performance area for the current day is opened.
CONFIGURING MAP HOT AREAS
The map hot areas are rectangular and are defined using the top left pixel co-ordinates of the area to be set together with the area’s pixel width and height. This information is added to the performance area in the “Map Maker” section of the Festyvent CMS. Up to three hot areas can be defined performance location.
SETTING THE HOT SPOT CO-ORDINATES
The example below shows the hot area on the Lost Village Map and the co-ordinates that would need to be entered for the “Abandoned Chapel”. Top Left Pixel Co-ordinates X=117, Y=836, Width=360px, Height=300px.
Co-ordinates can be determined by opening the image in drawing programs such as Pixelmator and Adobe Photoshop and positioning the mouse of the relevant areas.
USING EMOJIS IN EVENT PUSH NOTIIFCATIONS AND BEACON MESSAGES
To insert Emojis:
- Mac – Press Command + Control + Space Bar.
- Windows – right click on the Taskbar and choose touch keyboard. Press the keyboard icon that now appears in the system tray to see the onscreen keyboard. Press the emoji smiley icon to see the available emojis.
INVOICE AND BANK TRANSFER PAYMENTS
In addition to credit card payment, Festyvent will also accept payment via bank transfer using UK pounds, Euros and US Dollars.
Simply create an account by pressing “Register” in the menu above, decide on the type of Festyvent that you would like to purchase and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get right back to you with further instructions.
ACCEPTING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When signing in be sure to check the box to confirm that you accept the terms and conditions.
SHARING POSTCARDS TO FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM
Postcards are a montage of your camera shots, event images and event sounds that you can create directly on the app before, during or after the event. These can be shared to either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Postcards that are shared to Facebook have a Soundcloud track attached (if one is available) that can be heard when pressing on the postcard in Facebook.
To create a Postcard just perform these three simple steps:
- Navigate to your favourites using the navigation buttons. Here you will see the list of performances or acts that you have marked as going in the line up as well as any photos you have taken during the duration of the event.
- Press the “Create a Postcard” button and a montage of images will appear.
- To update the montage either press “Generate new” to create a new montage or press on an individual tile to change just one image. Here you can select a camera roll photo, an artist image or an artist name tile. You can also select the soundcloud track you want to attach to the image when posting to Facebook. If Soundcloud tracks are not available in the event then one will not be attached.